View From Rappa's Restaurant

I'm currently working on a new series of artworks depicting some of the lesser publicized views of the City of Monterey, California and the surrounding areas. I will also include a few of the more popular views. Everyone is familiar with the scenic beauty of this Central California Coastal Community but there are a lot of areas that are equally as beautiful but not normally publicized. As part of the process, viewers can view and participate in my process as I work my way through it from drawings and sketches to the final paintings.

Let me know if you like what you see...and your comments are welcome.

The first drawing is View from Rappa's Restaurant at the end of Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. You won't see this everyday because the fishing boat was moored temporarily and, yes, the sea lion was actually on the mooring buoy. 18x24 Charcoal on Paper

Hope you enjoy.